This came as quite a surprise. Today, I was awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Lori Calabrese. According to Lori, "What is Honest Scrap? Turns out this sign used to be advertising for a wacky tobaccy company! Go figure! Why is it the companies pushing products that are bad for you are the ones with the greatest advertising? There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to 7 other bloggers. "
First, here are ten honest things about me:
1. I love motorcycles, but now that I'm "old," I have more fear than I did when I was "young."'
2. I was a vegetarian for years and could easily become one again.
3. I recently found out I have sleep apnea and was prescribed a sleep machine. It's great not to feel tired any more.
4. I prefer to live somewhere where it's not too hot, and not too cold. Most of the time Oregon is like that.
5. Spring and fall are my favorite times of the year.
6. Being a parent is rewarding. Being a grandparent is wonderful.
7. I don't like French Fries and I don't drink carbonated soda.
8. Everyone should have at least one best friend. Furry friends count as best friends.
9. I prefer to listen to Classic Rock from the 60's and 70's to any other kind of music.
10. I don't like dark chocolate (or chocolate in general for that matter - does white chocolate count?)
And here are the 7 blogs that I would like to award the Honest Scrap Award: They are in no particular order.
1. The Frugal Editor, http://thefrugaleditor.blogspot.com/
2. C. Hope Clark, http://hopeclark.blogspot.com/
3. Karen and Robyn, Writing for Children, http://karenandrobyn.blogspot.com/
4. Tam's Think Tank, http://tokenhippygirl.com/
5. Linda Jo Martin, Perspectives on Writing, http://lindajomartin.com/
6. Dianne Sagan, Life as a Ghostwriter, http://diannesagan.wordpress.com/
7. Story Crafters, http://storycrafters.blogspot.com/
Now I guess I'd better let them know I've given them this prestigious honor!