Friday, June 5, 2009

More Blog Stops

This month, I'll be continuing my blog tour for my middle grade novel, Ghost for Rent. Today, I'm being interviewed by Deb Hockenberry at http://thebumpyroadtopublishing.blogspot.com/ She has also done a review of Ghost for Rent at http://debsbookreviews.blogspot.com/

On June 9th, Jo Linsdell will be doing an interview at her blog Writers and Authors at http://writersandauthors.blogspot.com Coming up later in the month will be reviews by Barbara Ehrentreu, Jan Verhoeff, Cheryl Melandrinos, Carol Amato and Lisette Brodey. Karina Fabian will be reviewing and interviewing in July.

This has been an interesting experience for me. I've gotten to know the reviewers better and they've gotten to know me. More importantly, I've gotten encouragement to continue writing novels. Having other people review my work and say that I've done a good job is positive reinforcement. You always wonder, even if your book is published, if other people will like it. I'm just sorry that I didn't know how to do this a few years ago when Ghost for Rent was first published. I do know that seeing these reviews and getting to know these other authors has helped me refocus on the sequel which has been in the planning stages far too long.

In exchange for the help I've received, I plan to do the same for other writers. We, as a community, should stick together and help each other as we can, offering support, encouragement and marketing assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment