Thursday, July 16, 2009

Taking a Break

Hello readers,
I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be taking a short break from blogging here about writing. My family is coming from out of state and I plan to spend lots of time visiting and catching up with them. I should be back in full form in a couple of weeks but in the meantime, I plan to enjoy myself.

This is also an excellent time to remind you that it's okay to take some time for yourself. Don't feel guilty if you have family that needs you or a job that times more time away from your writing than you would like it to. You should enjoy what you do and once you begin to stress because of other obligations, it takes away the joy of writing.

I've always felt that balance in one's life is important. It's just as important in my writing life. Of course, being retired now I have more freedom to enjoy the things in life that call to me, but you, too, should find balance in your life. Our stay here on earth is much to short to be stressed. Take a deep breath, let it out and find some time for yourself.

See you in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment