Monday, April 5, 2010
A short time ago, multi-talented author, editor, and publisher, Lea Schizas, announced the opening of her new publishing house, MuseItUp Publishing, http://museituppublishing.blogspot.com/.
Lea's goal is to help writers succeed whether through her newsletter, Apollo's Lyre,http://apollos-lyre.tripod.com, her writer's forum, The MuseItUp Club, http://museitupclub.tripod.com/, her annual free writers' conference, MuseItUp Online Writing Conference,http://www.themuseonlinewritersconference.com/, or her latest adventure, MuseItUp Publishing, http://museituppublishing.blogspot.com.
MuseItUp Publishing is a small and upcoming royalty paying independent Canadian e-publisher, open to submissions from both published and unpublished authors and to the following genres:
* Romance - everything from: romantic comedy, contemporary romance, fantasy romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, western romance
* Paranormal - Fantasy - they love vampires, ghosts, witches, werewolves and shape shifters...and dragons
* Mystery - Suspense -Thriller - captivate us with the pacing of your novel. Hint: they love cozy mysteries
* Young Adult - they're big fans of the Potter & Twilight series but seeking a unique voice for this target group
* Horror & Dark Fiction - scare the living daylights out of us with your settings, dialogue, and characters - not with blood and gore and missing human parts. Use the power of your writer's voice to draw images that will leave readers sitting at the edge of their seats.
* Erotica - only accepted at our MuseItHOT! website. This genre will be hosted on its own website, apart from the above genres.
They are seeking quality work, not first drafts, ranging from 3,000 words minimum to novel length. Please see full guidelines on the blog, http://museituppublishing.blogspot.com/. They are currently NOT seeking: short story collections or anthologies, poetry, or nonfiction.
All of their submissions are electronically based. They do not accept snail mail submissions.
THINGS THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT:
* any work depicting forced rape
* abuse of children or any sexual tone with minors under the age of eighteen
* partially or incomplete and unedited manuscripts
Lea is joined in this effort by a dedicated group of content editors, copy editors, and artists. Each person on the team has a solid background in the writing field.
If you have a finished manuscript in any of the above genres, please stop by and read the submission guidelines. You just might find yourself a published author.