Sunday, February 13, 2011

Life is Good Award


Vampirique Dezire sweetly nominated me for the Life is Good award by stopping by during my blog tour and commenting.

Now, I have to choose fifteen other bloggers, that didn’t appear on Vampirique’s list and award them with the Life Is Good award and answer some questions.
 If you’re on this list, this is what you need to do:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions below.
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.

Ten Survey Questions:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I do not blog anonymously and I am happy doing so.  I started to blog to promote my name and my writing.  I have quite a few blog followers now, so I believe I have succeeded.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

This is a tough one, and I can’t really think of an incident which would show a stubborn side, although I’m sure I have one
J

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I see myself as a happy, fulfilled woman who has lived life to the fullest and who sometimes wonder how she survived it all.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

My favorite summer drink is iced tea with a splash of orange juice and a couple ice cubes.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

In my free time, I read for pleasure, crochet, garden, and spend time with my family, friends, and pets.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I would love to actually make more than a few dollars on the stories I pen.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

I was always in the highest group (we were tracked back then), but I never felt like I fully belonged there.  I was maybe a little shyer than some of my friends, but mostly I was on the fringe of things…not quite fitting into any one particular group.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

The most poignant moments in my life were the day I married, the day our son was born, the day our daughter was born, the day our son’s daughter was born, and the day our daughter announced she was pregnant with our grandson.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I have shared only a few personal posts in my blog.  Right now, I am focused more on highlighting other authors and the work they are creating.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

I would most definitely choose to sit down and read a book.  I’m not much for talking on the phone. I would rather sit down face-to-face with my friends. A good book is always an enticing escape hatch.

Congratulations to the fifteen “Life is Good” bloggers receiving this award from me!
Please pass this award on to ten bloggers you admire. You don't have to return the favor by giving me the award again. I'm thankful enough as it is for receiving it. Spread the love!

I would like to present the Life Is Good award to the following people, who were kind enough to support me during the blog tour of my recently released short story collection, A Past and A Future.
Please go and check out their blogs if you are not already a follower please follow them and please congratulate them even if you are.

http://bit.ly/f2evHV - Professor Baker
http://kellyaharmon.com/  Kelly Harmon

4 comments:

  1. What a cute award. CONGRATS to everyone who received it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was sweet and a bit different, too. Thanks, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Penny - what a nice honor. This might take me some time to complete though - how did you do this and still have it all together for your blitz of a blog tour? Impressive.
    I enjoyed having you as a featured author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay Dee, you're welcome. Thank you for hosting me. I'm pretty good at multi-tasking :-)

    ReplyDelete