Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Interview with author Felicia Rogers




Today, my guest is romance author Felicia Rogers, talking about her February release, The Perfect Rose.
 
1)     Tell me a little about your book.
I have several works but the story that I’m talking about today was one released on Feb. 8, 2011.  That is my novella, The Perfect Rose, out by Astraea Press.  

2) What gave you the idea for this particular story? 
Part of the story concerns a ‘special’ child.  I have a friend whose child is dealing with some medical issues and I thought it would be a good idea to do a story about a child that wasn’t quite normal, at least in the world’s eyes.  

3)     Are you a full-time writer or part-time, and how do you organize your writing time?
I’m a part-time writer.  I generally get up early to accomplishing my writing for the day.  The rest of my time is taken up by my family. 

4) When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? 
I’m not sure.  I’ve always enjoyed writing down stort stories, maybe a page long.  The idea of me, really and truly, becoming a writer was something I never imagined possible.

5) What do you hope readers will take from your writing?
I hope they receive a sense of enjoyment. 

6) Which genres do you write, which do you prefer, and why?
I prefer romance.  One day I would like publish an Inspirational novel.

7) What is the toughest part about being a writer and how do you get past it?
The promoting!  Trying to work in the interviews, the contests, the blogging, etc. to promote my work is ten times harder than writing the novel.

8) Is there anything in your story based upon a real life event? If so, tell me about it.
The lead character in the novella is an orphan.  My grandmother was an orphan as well.  But she was one of the lucky ones.  She was adopted at early age.  Ariel is not so lucky.  But you will have to read “The Perfect Rose” to discover why. 

9) How much is your protagonist like you? How different?
She is one of the very few characters that I’ve written that is not like me at least in my opinion.

10) What kind of research did you do for this type of story?
Fortunately, this one required very little research. 

11) Do writing violent or highly sexual scenes bother you? Why or why not?
I’m not bothered by the scenes.  I do try to keep them as ‘sweet’ as possible.  I don’t general do violent scenes.

12) What about your book makes it special?
My novella is special because it could happen to anyone.  This novella centers on family.  And like them or not, we all have one of those.

13) What is your marketing plan?
Doing interviews on blogs, running a facebook fan page, holding contests, and constantly writing.

14) Where can people learn more about you and your work?
To learn more about my work they can go to my website at:  www.feliciarogersauthor.webs.com or my facebook fan page:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Felicia-Rogers/115490501841225 

15) Any tips for new writers hoping to write in the genre of your book?
Have a plan.  As you write, know what the publishers are looking for.  Research how to write a synopsis and a query letter before you reach the end of your story.  Be prepared for the no that often comes with no explanation.

16) What’s in the future for you?
I hope publishing more novels!  Only time will tell.  



BLURB: 

Abandoned by his wife and left to raise a child alone, Caleb Reed falls short of the ideal work-from-home dad.  He needs a woman to help him, in every sense of the word.  At the suggestion of a friend, Caleb agrees to hire Ariel Lauren on a trial basis.

As an orphan, Ariel has more issues than just how to make it on her on.  Yes, she needs the money that Caleb offers her, but more than anything she finds she desires his love.  One calamity after another befalls her and jeopardizes her new job and her chance at having a family.  But through it all, Caleb is by her side, his gruff exterior threatening to melt in the face of their shared attraction.  Will they decide to continue life alone or will the magic of Valentine's Day bring them together?


No comments:

Post a Comment