Thursday, May 26, 2011

Parnormal Romance Author, Carlie Angelus



Today, my guest is MuseItHot Publishing author, Carlie Angelus.  She's here to talk about her recent spicy release Nearly Wed and Newly Dead.


1.     Why don't you start with telling us a little about yourself? What genre do you write in and why?

I’m Carlie Angelus and I write mystical romance.  All of my books feature either an angel or a demon.  Let’s just say I’m divinely inspired!

2.     Tell me about your current book which you are promoting.

My current book is my first release with MuseItUp Publishing entitled Nearly Wed and Newly Dead.    It features a guardian angel on her first assignment to help a fireman cross over.

How long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing since childhood and have always been obsessed with “the great beyond”. 
What got you interested in writing, and what inspired you to write your first book?
I always watched scary movies and wanted to stay in haunted houses.  This series is inspired by my childhood love of all things paranormal.  

Do you outline before you write? If not, what’s your initial process?

I’m mostly a “pantser” or someone who writes by the seat of their pants without much pre-writing plot work.  But with this book, I knew the entire story before I started writing.  It just came to me like that (insert snapping of fingers).

What comes first: the plot or the characters?
            This is a tough question because I usually create them simultaneously in my mind.  I might have the general story idea already but I always envision a certain character playing the role.  So mine go hand in hand, so to speak.
         
        What was the hardest part of writing your book?
T       The hardest part of this book is the same with most books for me.  Knowing when to stop the story.  As with most stories, you can always find a way to continue on the adventure just a little longer.  Knowing when to shut up is crucial to making your book most powerful.?
  

Describe your writing space.
            Anywhere I can find to sit with my laptop on my lap.  I write whenever I have a spare moment in the day.  I’m certainly not a desk space diva
What books or authors have influenced your writing?    
            I’m a huge fan of John Edward and his Crossing Over books and television show.  I’m just amazed by him and watching him never fails to elicit strong emotions from me.
           
1      What so you see for the future of publishing and e-books?

I think that e-books are here to stay.  I don’t believe that they are the future as much as they’ve already become the present standard in publishing.  I believe that “traditional” print publishers will all eventually have to go this route to stay in business.


           What advice would you give a new writer just starting out?

Write what you love and what truly inspires you.  Don’t attempt to fit yourself or your work into some pre-conceived mold.  Write what you know and you’ll find an audience for your work.  And don’t give up—no matter how many rejections you get.

1    Where can people learn more about you and your work?

Please visit me at my new Wings & Fiends blog here: 



Name: Carlie Angelus
Book Title: Nearly Wed and Newly Dead
Genre: Paranromal Romance
Publisher: Muse It Up Publishing
When Shelby Lynch dies on her wedding day, her new life as a Minder begins. 

Now, 20 years later, she's been sent back to her hometown of Loch's Landing, Florida to guide fireman Brax Hennessey into the afterlife. 

But will this angel complete her mission or will her assignment be forgotten when things heat up between them?



1 comment:

  1. Carlie, the great beyond captures lots of imaginations, and your "Nearly Wed and Newly Dead" sounds like a wonderfully imaginative twist on the concept. Wishing you many sales.

    ReplyDelete