Thursday, September 1, 2011

Erotic Romance Author, Kat Holmes



Today's guest is MuseItHot erotic romance author, Kat Holmes.  Kat is a multi-published author with severl books to her credit.  

AUTHOR: Kat Holmes
BOOK TITLE: Heart Of The Queen
PUBLISHER: Muse It Hot Publishing Inc.


Please tell us about yourself? I’ve been an avid reader since I was very young. My mom fostered a love of words and language within me from before I could even read. That love naturally led to a desire to write the kind of stories I liked to read. I love fantasy/paranormal books with romance in them. But I noticed there weren’t a lot of really good books out there at the time that fit what I liked. So, I started to write them. 

Tell us your latest news? My latest news hmm? Well, I recently signed my 10th contract with Muse and also got on board with the staff. I now handle sending all our books out for review consideration, and I’m having a blast with it.

When and why did you begin writing? I’ve been writing for years because I couldn’t find stories that were in the genres I really loved, but I never thought about getting published. I credit the desire for that with a friend and fellow author named N.J. Walters. She encouraged me to try.

What inspired you to write your first book? The first story I ever wrote came about because I was so tired of seeing wimpy females who always needed the man to get her out of trouble. I like a story where men can help a woman out, but not because she’s helpless to do it herself.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?  (Has anyone ever realized it?) Some things are. My books are fiction, but there are things that happen in them that have happened in my real life. My mom knows it, and I’m sure some others who know my history have figured it out. It’s really impossible to tell a story and not impart a part of your own reality into that book.

What books have most influenced your life most? Anything by N.J. Walters. That woman is amazingly talented, but she’s also really giving to others. I can’t say enough about that woman.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? N.J. Walters hands down.

What book are you reading now? What do you like, or not, about it? Currently I’m reading Magic Is Faster Than Light by Jim Hartley. The book is amazing. I love the combination of science fiction and paranormal magic. It’s so unique.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? More than I can name. Chrystalla Thoma, Jim Hartley, Kaye Manro, Marsha Moore, and Mike Arsuaga just to name a few.

What are your current projects? This is going to be a busy year for me. I’ve already finished two books, and I have book two in Artica series, book two in my Hekate’s Web series and books seven and eight in my Gods At Work series to do. My mom and I are also working on a joint project together.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? No. I wanted to correct some wrongs done to a very misunderstood Goddess and I think I accomplished that.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? My health. Sometimes I am just not physically up to doing it and that frustrates me no end.

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  If so how do you get through it? No I haven’t. Usually my problem is too many ideas flying at once. 

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing? Blogging, managing my blog talk radio show, doing review work, and for fun chasing my cats all over the house.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? Big surprise here…N.J. Walters. The woman can paint a story with words and her characters become family almost. You really feel for them.

What was the hardest part of writing your book? That book came to me in days. I can’t say there was anything hard about it. My mom had more trouble with it because of certain parts of the content.

Do you have any advice for other writers? Never stop trying. You will get rejections, even after you’ve been published. I have. It’s just part of the process. But never give up.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Thank you all for your support and I hope you enjoy my stories.


Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them? Muse It Up Publishing Inc. and its hot side publishes my books. I found them by laying a game of follow the bouncing editor. My editor from another pub house was leaving, and I loved her so much that I couldn’t los her. So I followed her to her new house.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links. Oh lord I have several places. My website is www.authorkatholmes.webs.com, and my Facebook id is Kat Holmes. My blog is http://katluvr130.blogspot.com and you can find me on twitter at @KatHolmes.


9 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady, Kat. I suspect most writers integrate real life experiences into their work. Makes it more believable, more authentic. Good luck with your writing, and keep those ideas flying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you are on Penny's blog Kat... I will catch you some other time I guess. Lovely interview and your latest books sounds good. Congratulations and good luck with Heart of the Queen.
    Terrific blog Penny. Great interview too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat - Hi Penny!! Awesome interview...it seems everytime I visit an interview I learn something new about my author friends.
    I need to go shopping - I love Kat's Gods Working Series...The cover for Heart of the Queen is gorgeous!! Wow!!
    Congratulations on all of your contracts...and I love that you're doing the book review 'stuff' for Lea.
    It's great virtually seeing you both - enjoy the rest of your day *smile* HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview and great job by both of you. I love getting to know the person behind the story. (Not that some part of them's not in the story already!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, it's a pleasure having you here today and I apologize to everyone for not getting your comments posted earlier. I've been away from my computer all day having fun with my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom is the last to know...or maybe I should say yesterday I had my mind in the chores that always make everything else fly out the window...bills, rent.

    I get to read all of Kat's works first, and I know Mom's are supposed to praise their children, so it may seem a tad insincere for me to say I am constantly slack-jawed by Kat's words, but I am. I sit here on the edge of my computer chair, chomping at my mouse waiting for the next chapter of her current work in progress. Pity my poor mouse, it's starting to look like an over-aged teething ring.

    Kat, I was thinking you should have a contest. The first person who can name any of the Greek Gods and Goddesses you cannot identify wins a free copy of...oh how about the first five in your Gods At Work Series? We could conduct it as a special BTR show...they call in, give you the name of the God-Goddess and if you cannot on the spot tell them the entire story of that God-Goddess they win...knowing you, to find a winner would require making the BTR version of CAN YOU STUMP KAT'S GOD KNOWLEDGE a weekly show until someone stumps you.

    Penny, you were the very first person to open your blog to me last year. I was awed by your questions then and now, as I sat here captivated by the questions you asked, my awe has only increased.

    FANTASTIC JOB LADIES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lin, what a great comment. You and Kat are the best. I think your contest idea is fabulous, although I wouldn't dream of entering. My knowledge of Greek gods and goddesses is more than a little iffy. LOL

    ReplyDelete