Monday, March 26, 2012

Erotic Romance author, Chastity Bush




AUTHOR: Chastity Bush
BOOK TITLE: The Guarding of Eden
PUBLISHER: MuseItHot Publishing
BUY LINK:

Please tell us about yourself?
I always clam up when someone asks me this question. I never know what to say. 

I’m a wife and mother to two great girls. We live in a very small town and love to spend time together outdoors. I’ve been writing for close to four years now, and have written seven books, five of which have been published, the other two sit with an agent as we speak.  I love anything and everything to do with the paranormal/supernatural and at the moment I’m totally in love with ‘Dexter’. It’s my favorite television show next to ‘True Blood’. I read and try to write across all genres, paranormal being my favorite to write, historical and paranormal my favorite to read.

Tell us your latest news?
My latest release is actually a re-release entitled, The Guarding of Eden. This book is my first contemporary/suspense/ mystery. 

When and why did you begin writing?
I started writing about four years ago at the urging of my husband. I’m an avid reader. One day my handsome hubby asked why I didn’t try to write one of those books I love so much. After that, I couldn’t seem to stop writing. I’ve always been rather creative when it came to writing in school, but I never thought to try it as a career. I’m so thankful he suggested it to me. Now, I don’t think I could go a single day without it.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
After my second book was published. My first book went to a rather shady  company, but when that second book went to a decent company, and I read that first fantastic review, I finally considered myself a writer.

What inspired you to write your first book?
After my husband suggested I start writing my imagination went wild. I knew I wanted to write something paranormal. There’s so many vampire and werewolf novels out there that I wanted to do something different. That’s when I created Guardians. (You can learn all about them in my book, A Taste of Terror)




Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Not really. I do try to make all of my heroine’s normal. As in, not stick thin, or overly voluptuous. Just your average woman.  You see ‘perfect’ women all the time in the media, I don’t want to pick up a book and read about them as well. I want to read about someone like me, or the other everyday women of the world.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?  (Has anyone ever realized it?)

No, I try to keep away from actual events as much as possible. I read so many stories that are basically the same, I want my work to be completely original.

What books have influenced your life most?
I don’t read a lot of inspirational or influential books, sad to say. I love romance. I’m your run-of-the-mill hopeless romantic. I love books by Hannah Howell, Kresley Cole, and Stephanie Laurens, just to name a few. Something I can get lost in is what I like to read.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
I love Stephanie Laurens. I can only dream that I’ll one day be as successful as she is.

What book are you reading now? What do you like, or not, about it?
At the moment I'm re-reading Wicked Games of a Gentleman by Jillian Hunter. I love this book. Her hero’s are all so amazingly masculine and protective, yet gentle as a lamb with their woman. This book is funny, sexy, and intriguing. I don’t think there’s anything I dislike about it.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Hmm… I meet so many new authors everyday and they’re all so amazing that I don’t think I could name just one.

What are your current projects?
At the moment I'm working on a new contemporary romance/suspense/mystery, and after this is finished I’ll be moving on to another paranormal, possibly to follow up to A Taste of Terror.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Nope! I did a lot of re-writing in The Guarding of Eden to make it my idea of perfect. I just hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I’ve always written. Be it in a journal, or for a class in school. I’ve always enjoyed it. I guess it just took that shove from my hubby to get me to realize that it was what I really wanted to do.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Getting my characters absolutely perfect. I can’t stand to read a book where the characters are just not thought out, or developed. I guess you could say I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my writing.

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  If so how do you get through it?
YES! I get writers block so easily. It’s insane! Usually, I’m able to sit down with a good book and a cup of coffee and read my way out of it, but not all the time. Sometimes it hangs on, and I have to wait it out.

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?
Take care of my family. It’s a fulltime job. We have two little girls, ages 12 and almost 8.  My family always comes first.  We love to spend time outdoors, hunting, fishing, or just hanging out. We also love to watch movies together. Our girls LOVE zombies, so we watch the few movies that are appropriate for their ages on occasion. 

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I’m not sure I have one favorite author. Maybe one per genre. 

For historical I love Hannah Howell and Stephanie Laurens. For paranormal I love Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter. Their books are so easy to get lost in. Their characters, so believable and real. I can never wait to get my hands on one of their books.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Getting it just right. It seemed like every time I read it over, I had to change something.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that no matter what, you shouldn’t be afraid to let your imagination run free. It doesn’t matter what others think. If you're happy with yourself, and what you’ve written that’s all that matters.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Be brave. Write what you love. Use that big imagination of yours. Have thick skin, because those rejections- and you will receive rejections- can hurt, and last but not least, research the publishers and agents you plan on submitting to. Not all have you’re best interest at heart.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
THANK YOU! Without the readers, our books would be growing dust on a shelf somewhere, if created at all.

Any special appearances or events coming up that you want to mention?
Not at the moment. Once some of my books go into paperback, I’ll be setting up some local book signings and readings.

Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them?
At the moment I’m signed with three publishers. MuseItHot Publishing, Decadent Publishing, and Liquid Silver Books.  Contacting them was a bit nerve wracking, as I said before, those rejections can really hurt. But I gathered my nerves, did some research, and sent out submissions. Fortunately, they all liked my work.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links.

I can be found at the following locations.

My official website/blog: http://chastitybush.blogspot.com
And email is always welcome! chastitybush@yahoo.com



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me here today, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chastity, it's always a pleasure to host another talented author. Good luck with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I change stuff every time I read my stuff over, too. I can't help it!

    Nice interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seven books in four years. That is inspiring. Great interview, Penny and Chastity.

    ReplyDelete