Friday, May 25, 2012

Sandra Cox, Minder, plus contest




AUTHOR:  Sandra Cox
BOOK TITLE: Minder
PUBLISHER: MuseItUp
BUY LINK: https://museituppublishing.com/bookstore2/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=470&category_id=69&manufacturer_id=233&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1


To celebrate Minder's release, Sandra will be running a month long contest at: http://sandracox.blogspot.com
One randomly drawn commenter will win:
A set of butterfly pins
A Starbucks gift certificate
A book dedication
And a download of Minder
Just leave a comment, mention Minder and include your email addie.


Please tell us about yourself?
A bit about myself...hmm..... I work as an Admin Assist during the day and write in the evening and on weekends.  I’m a vegetarian. I kick box. My husband and I are empty nesters, except for the five cats and one dog. On weekends, I love to sit out on my porch with a good book.

Tell us your latest news?
Minder a crossover YA has just been released at MuseItUp publishing.

What book are you reading now? What do you like, or not, about it?
Children of the Mist by Hywela Lyn. I’ve barely started it but I can already tell its going to be a good read, very descriptive.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yes. Rhobin Courtright, another Muse author. She writes Sci Fi and is excellent.

What are your current projects?
I’m working on a vampire novel.

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  If so how do you get through it?
Unfortunately, yes.
I try to push through it and get something down on paper even if what I’ve just written makes me cringe.  To paraphrase another writer, you can always rewrite junk, but you can’t rewrite a blank sheet of paper.

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?
Shopping, watching movies, kickboxing and as mentioned above, I love to sit out on the porch, listen to the birds and read a good book or work on my current wip.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I’m going to have to list three: Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb, Stephanie Meyer and Suzanne Collins. They make their stories and characters come alive.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Writing is tough. An author’s emotions are on a constant roller coaster. Persevere through the bad times, they’ll pass.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
 I’d like to say thank you. You keep me going.

Any special appearances or events coming up that you want to mention?
I’ve got a contest going on starting 25th of this month. One randomly drawn commenter will win butterfly jewelry –butterflies are drawn to the Minder princess—a  Starbucks card, a download of Minder and their name in the dedication of the next book I write. To enter: just leave a comment and mention Minder at sandracox.blogspot.com.




Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them?
My current publisher is Muse. I learned about Muse from Rhobin Courtright. She had so many good things to say about them, I was intrigued. And the rest, as they say, is history.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links.

twitter: Sandra_Cox

Blurb:

Among the northern tribes there is a legend passed down from generation to generation about shape-shifting Minders—guardians of the innocents—and how they came to be. 

It is said that nowadays only a handful of Minders exist, hunted to near extinction by a fearsome beast. Of the remaining Minders, only one wears a garnet-studded collar, the symbol of protection and royalty.  


EXCERPT:
Even when my aunt told me the story, and handed me an ancient garnet-studded band, I had no idea the tale applied to me.
After all, it’s only a legend…

A movement along the edge of the cliff caught my attention. A small rabbit nibbled at a tuft of clover growing between the rocks. I came to attention like a pointer. My nose began to quiver and my mouth water. I twitched my butt.

Without thought, I bolted out of the house after the rabbit. My blood raced and I breathed in short sharp pants. I could hear the creature’s heart pound and smell his warm vibrant flesh.

He took three frightened leaps and disappeared into the forest. I skidded to a stop, trembling so hard my teeth rattled. What’s wrong with meI wanted to take a bite out of a poor defenseless little bunny. I pursed my lips and screwed up my face. Gross doesn’t begin to cover it.

This is way past PMSing.  Tears welled up and spilled down my cheeks.

I turn eighteen tomorrow. Surely, there’s no connection.

A sharp wind blew off the water. My eyes closed. I stood perfectly still, except for the shudders that racked my achy body as fear and revulsion washed over me like the loud pounding waves below.








4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Penny. Nice site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved CREWKIN!

    Nice interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra

    sorry to be so late commenting here. I've been visiting the US and it's taking me a while to catch up with everything now I'm back.

    Thanks for reading 'Children Of the Mist' I hope you enjoyed it if you've finished it.

    I'm looking forward to hosting you on my blog tomorrow, with a review of 'Minder'.

    ReplyDelete