Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tina Gayle, The Unwilling Widow




AUTHOR: Tina Gayle
BOOK TITLE: The Unwilling Widow
PUBLISHER: Kindle and Smashword


Please tell us about yourself?
I was born in Texas, the place of my heart and where most of my family still lives. I’m the youngest of four daughters and grew up a dreamer.

For years, I worked in the business world doing a variety of accounting jobs. Then after my two sons were born I decided to go back to school to get a degree in MIS. I did programming for a few years. Then after moving to California, I quit to start writing full time. Today, I used my skills to maintain my web sites.

Most days you will find me at my computer, writing, surfing the internet, blogging, twitter, google+, facebook, I’m all over the net.

Tell us your latest news? The main news is I’m working hard on finishing up the Executive Wives’ Club series.

When and why did you begin writing? Year 2000, I decided to give my passion a chance. First, I challenged myself to finish a book. I figured if I could sit in a chair for hours at a time, creating a story. Then I just might have a chance at becoming an author. My first book “Pregnancy Plan” was my first book published and still holds a very dear place in my heart.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Women need women. It is easy for us to forget about the women in our lives with family taking up so much of our time. But only another woman can truly relate to what you are going through. Don’t forget to cultivated relationships with other women.

What books have most influenced your life most? Writing books because that help me learn to be a better writer.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Cheryl St.John. She is a part of the HWG chapter in Omaha I belong to and offered great advice.

What are your current projects? The Executive Wives’ Club Series,  four women who have lost their husband in a car wreck.  Each woman has her own book. With the reader learning more about each woman in each book.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? I’m a dreamer for years I have written stories in my head. Long detail stories that took weeks to develop. I drew pictures in my mind and had conversations in my mind. Oh, but that is so much fun. Still do it.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? Rewriting is my greatest challenge. I tend like most writers to read what I believed I have written. I use a number of different ways to break it down and create a better story.

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  If so how do you get through it? Only really after the death of my father, I really didn’t want to do much of anything. This happen around the same time as I had moved to a new state and my youngest son had gone off to college. Talk about down. I gave myself a break and relaxed, played with the dog. In time, things turned around and I could write again. Sometimes we just need to step back, adjust and then recall the path forward.

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing? I’m a creative person. I like to redecorate my house, paint, put up wallpaper, build a closet organizer, garden, read of course, and cook.

Do you have any advice for other writers? It’s been said a thousand time but write and take classes.

Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them? I’ve had a number of publishers; Amira Press and Wild Rose Press. Both were exceptional, but after being with them both for a number of years I decide to try self-publishing my work. So far I enjoy it more because I have more control over what happens with my book.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links.

Home - www.tinagayle.net
Blog - www.tinagayle.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/AuthorTinaGayle
Goodread - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1641826.Tina_Gayle
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tina.gayle
Google + - https://plus.google.com
Linkedin - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tina-gayle/11/689/759



Blurb-
Jennifer Larson, having lost her husband, friends and the perfect life she’d had plan, now faces the biggest challenge of her life, moving into an unplanned future. While the rest of the Executives Wives’ Club is still wallowing in the past, Jen is tempted into the future by a sexy chiropractor, Hagan Chaney.

But does he really love her or is he only after her money?

Excerpt -
Jen gathered her strength and followed Hagan through the house. The easy flow of his long limbs showed incredible grace for a big man. So tempting, yet, she couldn’t pursue him. Not now, not with everyone watching her, they expected her to act like a grieving widow. If she didn’t, they’d forever brand her as an unloving wife.
She hated the farce, but she had no choice. No one knew her marriage had turned into a sham long before Craig died.
A few minutes later, she walked outside and breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, with the showing done, she could return Hagan to his office. She locked the front door and stored the key in the lockbox. Spinning on her heels, she faced Hagan.
At the end of the porch, one foot already positioned on the first step with a hand out to assist her, he waited. “So, Jen, since we’re done for today, why don’t we meet tomorrow night for dinner?”
Jen edged backward and her butt hit the closed door. The urge to run away from his undeniable magnetism, and the problems he’d cause, sent her mind into a tail spin.
What in the hell should I do now?





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me on your site. Have a great day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another one that sounds like a great read. Thanks so much for introducing Tina. Tina, best of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, it's my pleasure. Hope to have you as a guest again at a future time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny!

    Hi Tina! Nice to meet you. Interesting interview.

    ReplyDelete