Monday, August 6, 2012

Tina Gayle, Birth





AUTHOR:  Tina Gayle
BOOK TITLE:  Birth
PUBLISHER: Indie

Tell me a little about your book. 
This is the second book in the Executive Wives Club series. Brie is a single mother, who has just had a baby. She is still grieving from the death of her husband and suffering from post-partum depression. She isn’t really thinking clear but she knows one thing, she wants a father for her children.

This is her search for the perfect man.

What gave you the idea for this particular story? 
Like most women, I suffered after my children were born. I was never told I had post-partum depression but it is a very trying time at best. As they say the best of times and the worst of times at the same time.

I wanted to show how women like Brie, who are kick butt strong suffer with dealing with everyday life and everyday decisions. She is trying to be strong but until she has someone who will nurture her into believing in herself she can’t become the person she wants to be.

Are you a full-time writer or part-time, and how do you organize your writing time? 
Full-time writer, I work normally from seven to around four-thirty to five. I start my day with all the internet things like check email, twitter, blogs, etc. I then like to listen to what I have written the day before with my dragon software. I revise and it primes the pump for what I should write next. I do take regular breaks but for the most part I’m in my office working most days.

When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? 
I wanted to be a writer a long time before I believed I could be a writer. I wrote stories in my head and took them to my nephews, but I didn’t believe I could write a book. My first challenge was to prove myself that I could sit and write for hours at a time. It’s lonely work and I am a people person. So I wasn’t sure I could stand the solitude, and I struggle with that at times. If you ever get me talking I can go for hours.

What do you hope readers will take from your writing? 
An understanding of themselves and the people around them. We are all different. Sometimes it is very hard to see what another person is going through because we put our emotions on them. We don’t all think alike and we react differently to situations. I want my readers to see that and come away with a better understand of what makes people tick.

Which genres do you write, which do you prefer, and why? 
Romance is my first love. I think because I have read so many and enjoy the relationship between two people while they are falling in love. It is so intense.

What is the toughest part about being a writer and how do you get past it? 
Sitting down and doing the work. Once, I’ve started I’m fine but getting my butt in the chair is a challenge some days because I can think of so many other things I think I should be doing.

Do writing violent or highly sexual scenes bother you? Why or why not? 
Highly sexual scenes don’t bother me. I generally don’t write violent scenes, but I don’t think they would bother me either. I do feel what the characters are feeling, but I guess it’s like watching tv, once you step away the pictures fade and life goes on.

What about your book makes it special? 
I love this book because it deals with women issues.

Where can people learn more about you and your work? 
www.tinagayle.net The first chapters of all my books are posted on my site.

Any tips for new writers hoping to write in the genre of your book? 
I wrote a short guide for people who want to write. I Wrote My First Story – Now What? is a quick read for both new authors and those trying to promote themselves and their books.

What’s in the future for you? 
I have so much going on. I want to finish the Executive Wives Club series, then I have another series planned about the spiritual world. Currently, I’m writing a young adult story about a young wizard set in the 1863.

Blurb for Birth

Brie Sullivan has a new baby girl and there are a million things to do, but Brie doesn’t have the energy to keep up. Why? She’s still grieving for her husband and suffering from baby blues, but she won’t let that stop her. She’s come up with the answer--find a new husband to be the father of her kids.
Jason Clark has been doing everything he can to help Brie. He loves her but can he accept her proposal of marriage knowing she’s not thinking clearly about the future?



BIO:

Tina Gayle was born in Texas, the place of her heart and where most of her family still lives. The youngest of four daughters, she grew up a dreamer.

She worked for years in the business world doing a variety of accounting jobs. Then when her two sons were little, Tina decided to go back to school to get a degree in MIS. She only used this degree a few years before deciding to follow her passion for writing romance.

Her first book, “Pregnancy Plan” was published by The Wild Rose Press in 2007. Next, she tried her hand at writing a paranormal story. “Mating Rituals” came next and is a farther step away from her other contemporary stories with more off-world fantasy elements. Then she wrote two more contemporary, “Baby Decision” and “Youthful Temptations.”  She is currently working on a series about four executive wives. The ebooks will come out in 2012 and 2013.

Married twenty-five years, she and her husband love to travel and can’t wait for Mike to retire so they can do it more.
Find Tina Gayle everywhere

Home - www.tinagayle.net
Blog - www.tinagayle.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/AuthorTinaGayle
Goodread - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1641826.Tina_Gayle
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tina.gayle
Google + - https://plus.google.com
Linkin - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tina-gayle/11/689/759






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me today. I love visiting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, it's always a pleasure and I hope to have you again when your next release rolls around.

    ReplyDelete