Friday, September 28, 2012

Karina Fabian, Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator: I Left My Brains in San Franciso




Welcome back, Karina Fabian.  Last time Karina visited, she talked about Neetz Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator.  Karina and Neeta are back with another humorous zombie adventure. 
NOTE:  See below for a special contest Karina and Damnation Books are running.


Author name: Karina Fabian
Book Title: Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator: I Left My Brains in San Francisco
Publisher: Damnation Books

Please tell us about yourself with the following favorites:
Food?  No faves.  I love trying to do new stuff.
Drink (non-alcoholic)? Coke Classic.  It’s my biggest vice.  I do my best to limit to one a day, but I often fail.  This is why I never got into drinking alcoholic beverages—what if I liked them as much?
Flower?  Carnations.  I love their fresh smell.
Day of the week?  Being a writer, they tend to blur. 
Time of day to write?  Schooltime, when the house is quiet, but late at night works well, too.
Place to write?  Wherever I can.  Right now, I have a desktop, which is good for my posture, but not the most comfortable, so I get on my laptop and write around the house to mix it up.  I even write standing up at the kitchen counter.
Season?  Spring
Holiday?  Christmas
Color? Depends on my mood
Animal?  Big cats
Hobby?  I don’t really have any aside from writing.
Sport?  Haidong gumbdo—Korean sword martial arts
Song?  Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.  It’s Rob's and my song
TV show? Firefly
Movie? Galaxy Quest
Book? A Swiftly Tilting Planet, by Madeleine L’Engle and Hitchhiker’s Guild to the Galaxy come to mind first
Author?  Terry Pratchett
Word? Serendipitous
Quote?  This year, Peter 5:10-11:  You will have to suffer only for a little while: the God of all grace who called you to eternal glory in Christ will see that all is well again.  He will confirm, strengthen and support you.  His power lasts for ever and ever.  Amen.

Now some easy one-word answers:
Coffee or tea? Coffee
Veggies or fruit? Veggies
Cat or dog? both
Plot or not?  depends
Desktop or laptop? varies
Pencil or pen?  pen
Rain or sun? either
Mountains or ocean?  mountains
Plane or train? plane
Car or motorcycle? car
Run or walk? walk
Casual or dressy? casual
Indoors or outdoors? indoors
Reading: EBook or paperback? either
Reading: Short story or novels? both
Theater or rental?  Streaming
Vampire or shifter?  For…?
Horror or romance? Sci-Fi



Tell us about your new/latest release:

Title: I Left My Brains in San Francisco
Genre: Comedic horror

Blurb: Zombie problem? Call Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator...but not this weekend.  On vacation at an exterminator’s convention, she's looking to relax, have fun, and enjoy a little romance. Too bad the zombies have a different idea. When they rise from their watery graves to take over the City by the Bay, it looks like it'll be a working vacation after all.

Enjoy the thrill of re-kill with Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator.

Short Excerpt:

"Hi! Welcome to Zomblog!  It's ‘Time to Re-kill!’  This is Kelsey Gardenberger, and we are reporting to you live from Fisherman's Wharf, where zombie exterminators Rii and Hi Lee of Bay Exterminations have been called in to take out a zombie."
Police held back spectators who had cell phones to film the event.  On the ground lay a man in a black-and-white striped shirt, black pants with suspenders and gold makeup on his rotting skin.  He pounded on the air with imaginary fists, and then felt along imaginary walls with his hands.  Where he should have had fingers, only mangled skin and bare bones showed. Rii and Hi, both in protective gear, watched the prone figure and spoke among themselves.  The zombie continued his act unconcerned, except to pause now and again and make drinking motions before pointing to the top hat waiting beside him.
"It looks like Rii Lee and Hi Lee have decided on their strategy.  Despite the fact that the zombie appears so docile, it could turn violent at the slightest provocation--and if you don't believe me, check out 'Don't wave that thing at me!' on the Zomblog archives.  They're starting!"
While Rii stood by with a power blaster of anti-zombie foam, Hi ambled up to the prone zombie, sword relaxed but ready in his left hand.  He watched the undead mime its struggle against the imaginary coffin, nodded appreciatively, and tossed a twenty into the hat.  The Wasted Mime started clawing with fervor, dug himself up, and brushed himself off.
Some of the crowd in the front stepped back.
It picked up the hat, checked the money.
The crowd took in a breath.
It faced Hi.
Hi bowed.
The crowd gasped.  Cameras flashed.
The zombie bowed back, deeply and theatrically.
Hi lashed out with his sword, its blade cutting deeply and theatrically into the zombie's neck.
The re-killed corpse folded over.
The crowd broke into wild cheers.
Kelsey smiled big for the camera.  "And there you have it!  Looks like a mime isn't such a terrible thing to waste after all."

Buy links:

SPECIAL CONTEST:

Are You the Next Zombie Idol” singing contest?  Damnation Books and Karina are looking for someone to sing the theme song she wrote for I Left My Brains in San Francisco.  She has the words and the tune; but she needs a singer.  They are offering prizes for the best singer, the most creative audition video, and are giving one in ten entries a copy of the e-book.  The details are at http://fabianspace.blogspot.com/p/are-you-next-zombie-idol.html


Bio:


Winner of the 2010 INDIE for best Fantasy (Magic, Mensa and Mayhem) and a Global eBook Award for Best Horror (Neeta Lyffe, Zombie Exterminator), Karina Fabian’s writing takes quirky twists that keep her--and her fans--amused. Nuns working in space, a down-and-out Faerie dragon working off a geas from St. George, zombie exterminators—there’s always a surprise in Fabian’s worlds. Mrs. Fabian teaches writing and book marketing seminars online. 




5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading the list of favorites and one word answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondered what this was about when I read the blog title: "...I Left my Brians..."

    "I Left My Brains..." makes more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl, thanks for catching that! At least it got you to read the post LOL. I corrected the title and send Karina my apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting me, Penny. And I make the ai/ia transposition ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karina, you are always a welcome guest. Thanks for understanding.

    ReplyDelete