Monday, February 18, 2013

Christina E. Rundle, Chasing Shadow




AUTHOR: Christina E. Rundle
BOOK TITLE: Chasing Shadow
PUBLISHER: Amazon

Tell me a little about your book: The all-encompassing World Congress isn’t from earth, and they aren’t the only ones pursuing Belen McKnight. As an untrained Shadow Puppeteer, the last of her kind, she needs to stay ahead of her pursuers and find the root of her trouble, which has something to do with the parents she never knew.

What gave you the idea for this particular story? My interest in young vampire killers sparked the idea, but as the story pulled together, it became clear Belen McKnight’s problem wasn’t with vampires.

Are you a full-time writer or part-time, and how do you organize your writing time? In my heart, I am a full-time writer, much to the dismay of my employer. The story comes first. The to-do list gets done if there is any time left in the day.

When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? I can’t pinpoint the actual moment. I told myself stories and wrote them down. My aunt turned to me, one day, and said, “Are you ever going to do anything with your stories?”  That’s when it dawned on me that I could do something with my projects.

What do you hope readers will take from your writing? Entertainment.

Which genres do you write, which do you prefer, and why? In the last ten years, I’ve been commissioned to write in a variety of genres. Fantasy and science fiction are my favorite to read, which make them a favorite to write. 

What is the toughest part about being a writer and how do you get past it? Sleeping. My relaxed mind starts to play with ideas, which makes notions click and suddenly I have something that needs to be written before I forget. A cold shower in the morning usually helps wake the sleep deprived mind.

Is there anything in your story based upon a real life event? If so, tell me about it.  All events in my stories are a product of an overactive imagination.

How much is your protagonist like you? How different? Belen and I both like tea. She’s a little braver than me. I wouldn’t run out into the woods at night. I’m far more afraid of the things people tell me are fake than Belen is of the things she knows is real.

What kind of research did you do for this type of story? I lean towards exotic places, people and mythology, which means hours of research on all three topics.

Do writing violent or highly sexual scenes bother you? Why or why not? Sex scenes aren’t a problem, but I did avoid violence when I first started feeling my way through the storyline. Violence doesn’t bother me; I just didn’t know how to write it at the time. Playing violent video games and role playing games helped stretched my mind.

What about your book makes it special? Chasing Shadow has an unusual cast, a little mythology, a little science fiction and a whole lot of paranormal action.

What is your marketing plan? For everyone with an entertainment budget like mine, Chasing Shadow is $.99.



Where can people learn more about you and your work?
Website: www.cerundle

Any tips for new writers hoping to write in the genre of your book? Be prolific. Don’t be afraid of the crap draft.

What’s in the future for you? The Shadow Puppeteer series will be up this year. I’m working between a Norse mystery series and a werewolf dark fantasy for the following years. 




Christina E. Rundle is a fan of literature, zombie media and gumballs. She currently lives in Arizona with her husband and two jungle babies, Darwin and Hitchens, who absolutely hate pens, which makes writing difficult. She has her BA in English, has a contributor column in Insatiable magazine, worked as a ghost writer, does work-for-hire projects, served as a contest reader for the Valley of the Sun RWA chapter, and occasionally dabbles as a closest fan fiction writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment