Monday, June 24, 2013

L. C. Wright, Castle Grey, A Katt and Mouse Mystery





AUTHOR:                    L.C. Wright                                   
BOOK TITLE:             Castle Grey – A Katt and Mouse Mystery
PUBLISHER:               Createspace                 



Please tell us about yourself
I’m a self-employed investment manager of thirty-five years. I have been writing seriously for the past twelve years, looking for my niche’ in the writing world. I am married to Melissa and we have a dog (the baby of the family) named Barney.

Tell us your latest news?                  
My latest news is that Castle Grey is doing well with those who have read it and the second book of the series, Long Shot, should be available in April.

When and why did you begin writing?                  
I’ve been a student of the art of story telling since my teens. I have always enjoyed looking at the world through eyes with a different slant.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?                     
I’ve always considered myself a writer. It’s something I do and enjoy it. However, I didn’t consider myself a successful writer until my first book was sold.

What inspired you to write your first book?   
Boredom and a hatred for reality television got me started. However, what inspired me was the first time my wife read my work and told me to get my butt back in the other room and keep writing. She loved it and I must give her a lot of credit.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?  
The biggest message of my work as an author is to enjoy what you read. There will always be critics in the world, but as an author, I look for those people who are interested in a great story and keeps them turning the pages.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?  (Has anyone ever realized it?) 
Through experience is the only way we can write. The type of experience will come from every aspect of our existence or those of the people whom we choose to share out life with; intended or otherwise.

What books have most influenced your life most? 
I would say textbooks if you are actually looking for influence. Mystery novels or novels of any kind are designed for entertainment although some authors attempt to embed a message.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?  
Dean Koontz. I don’t write in his genre, but I would love to write as well as he does.

What book are you reading now? What do you like, or not, about it? 
I read fifty to seventy books per year. Some of them are truly entertaining while others not so much. What I do appreciate by any author is to create characters in which I can relate. If you do that, I’ll get hooked.

What are your current projects?  
I am currently working on my Katt and Mouse series. Book two should be finished soon and book #3 will be out in the fall.



If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?   
Not that I can think of. Everyone who has read it and commented has been extremely happy with it. The only negative is that book #2 is not yet available.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?  
I was writing song for a band that I played in when I was a teenager.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?   
Finding the time to do it again tomorrow.

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  If so how do you get through it?  
I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve managed to get through what some would call writer’s block. For me, the key to getting past it is to stop writing and start reading your book from the beginning. Sometimes, stories take on a life of their own. If you’ve forced it to go someplace it hadn’t intended, it will stop you sooner or later.

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?  
I don’t know if I’ve ever had that happen. Hmmm???

What was the hardest part of writing your book?   The constant battle between living life and scrounging the time to write.

Do you have any advice for other writers?   
If you think about writing a book you’ll more than like fail. If you write a short story each day that manages to connect with what you wrote the day before and then do that every day, eventually you will have that book you so desperately wanted.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?   
Only that I love them dearly.

Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them? 
CreateSpace is the publisher of this work. I did a lot of checking around and liked what I saw with them.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links.




No comments:

Post a Comment