Monday, July 8, 2013

Angela Kay Austin, Love All Over Me




AUTHOR: Angela Kay Austin                 
BOOK TITLE: Love All Over Me                 
PUBLISHER: MuseItUp Publishing


Please tell us about yourself?

Bestselling author Angela Kay Austin has expressed herself through words for as long as she can remember.  Poems became songs performed with her cousin at every family gathering.  But, eventually, short stories filled her favorite pink diary.  An infatuation with music and theater led to years playing various instruments and small extra roles in TV shows before giving way to a degree and career in radio and TV production.  After completing another degree in marketing, Angela found herself combining her love for all things creative and worked for many many years in promotions and advertising.  But once again, she found herself writing, which led to her first published work which stayed on her publisher’s bestseller list for ten weeks.  Her second release hit the bestseller list at All Romance eBooks. She’s spoken on author panels, and served on boards for various author groups.  When she’s not writing, you can find her reading her favorite authors, or researching her next story idea.  Angela shares her downtime with her mixed-bred rescue terrier—Midnight, in the beautiful southern state of Tennessee.

When and why did you begin writing? 

I’ve been writing in one form or another forever. I began by journaling at a really young age.  Then, I fell in love with writing poetry, and eventually, short stories.  Now, I still love short stories, but I also writing longer pieces that allow you to really get to know the characters.  I want to try my hand at writing series.  I have really fallen in love with some stories by other authors that allow you to truly develop a relationship with the characters.

When did you first consider yourself a writer? 

When I first stated journaling, I think I knew where I was headed.  But, taking the step for writer to published author was a tough one.  Finding the confidence to submit my work and to be prepared for the good and the bad can be difficult.

What inspired you to write your first book? 

The first manuscript I finished wasn’t my first published book.  It took years before it was published.  But, it was inspired by some of my own experiences while living in central Pennsylvania.  It was an interesting community and work environment.  I’d never experienced anything like it before and I thought it might be interesting for others to see a fictional story weaved around real events and happenings from that small town.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

In Love All Over Me I wanted to talk about finding love again.  My character experiences a sever loss, and when she does, she shuts down her life.  I wanted to show the loss not just from my heroine’s side, but from the pov of the love that was lost, too.  It allowed me to play with what could happen if you lose someone you love and they aren’t necessarily ready to let go either.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

I swear I would dream that Maya Angelou and I would have conversations about life.  But, because of what I write Terry McMillan or Brenda Jackson .

What book are you reading now? What do you like, or not, about it? 

I just finished Archangel Storm by Nalini Singh.  And now, I’m catching up on her Psy-Changeling series.  I love the story-telling.  I absolutely love the archangel books, but I’d only read one of the Psy-Changeling books. So, while I’m waiting on the latest archangel book, I thought I’d catch up.

What are your current projects? 

I’m currently researching a historical fiction piece.  It’s been interesting.  Amazing how much I didn’t know J  And I still have a long way to go.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 

My latest book, no.  But, my first book, yes.  I’d definitely dig a little deeper and peel back a few more layers.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?  

Trying to understand what it meant to lose a spouse.  I read a lot of blogs hoping to find perspective.  I really wanted to give readers a real connection to my heroine and make it believable.

Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Write.  I think the more you write the stronger your voice becomes, and the cleaner your writing becomes.  If you don’t write, you’re cheating yourself.

Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them?
Love All Over Me is published by MuseItUp Publishing http://museituppublishing.com/.  I am also published by Vanilla Heart Publishing and Red Rose Publishing.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc. - please share your public links.

Contact Angela:
Twitter: @AngelaKayAustin


Synopsis:

Tamara Blanden blames herself for the loss of her one true love. Hidden away from life, she lives only to see him again.

Jerome Blanden couldn’t let go of his love, even in death. Because of him…his selfishness, she’d lost so much time. Time he couldn’t give back. But, he could change everything.

Michael Armstrong didn’t believe in a lot of things anymore.  What was happening to him now couldn’t be real.  How was any of it possible?

Excerpt: Love All Over Me

His arms didn’t wrap around her as they had for months. He stayed stiff. Not cold, but distant. His head dropped to hers, and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“You can’t keep doing this. You have to live your life.”

“I am living my life.” She held on tighter as fear choked at her. The familiar scent of him increased the fear boiling in her. There had been too many nights spent curled up with his dirty laundry trying to hold onto that scent. How is any of this possible? God, I’m losing my mind. But she didn’t care. No matter what anybody said, she’d never let go of this fantasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment