Wednesday, July 31, 2013

April M. Reign, HASH: Human Alien Species Hybrid



AUTHOR: April M. Reign
BOOK TITLE: HASH: Human Alien Species Hybrid
PUBLISHER: April M. Reign

Tell me a little about your book.
Every night, Jade is rattled by a recurring dream—a dream that’s as real as the research institute where she lives. When flames fall from the sky and an alien ship crashes into Earth, Jade becomes government property and at the mercy of scientists. After all, she’s imprinted with an intelligent alien metal that could be the answer to all of Earth’s problems.

However, in the wrong hands, the metal implant could become the deadliest weapon known to humankind.

Kept underground for sixteen years, Jade fights to keep her sanity and understand the intelligent organism that is wrapped around her spine. When a new company takes over the science institute, Jade’s alien symbiont warns her of imminent danger.

Then Jade meets Aric, the lone survivor from the spaceship. They form an alliance that will change their personal destiny and they put a plan into motion that will alter the future of mankind.

What gave you the idea for this particular story?
I pondered what it would be like if an alien metal, which was the key to another world, landed on earth and was in danger.

Are you a full-time writer or part-time, and how do you organize your writing time?
I’m a full-time writer. I write every day, clocking in (in my own mind) at 9 am and sometimes working past midnight. Of that time spent behind my desk and laptop, I probably get 4 hours of writing in and the rest is spent formatting, outlining, marketing, networking, website maintenance, answering emails, creating book covers and many more things to keep this business running.

When did you first know you wanted to be a writer? 
As a teenager.

What do you hope readers will take from your writing?
I hope they will share a bond with my characters and be a part of the adventure that my characters experience. When I write my stories, I get lost in the worlds that I create. I hope my readers do the same thing.

Which genres do you write, which do you prefer, and why?
I write in all genres. Romance, Mystery Thrillers, Urban Paranormal, Horror, and Sci-Fi.  I prefer to write anything that I can make up my own rules and is a bit out of the norm.

What is the toughest part about being a writer and how do you get past it?
Outside noise. In other words, everything else, other than writing, that comes with being an Indie Author. I hide in my office at home, or I will go to a couple restaurants and sit in the back away from everyone.  As I stated above, my writing only gets about four hours of my day and everything else monopolizes the rest of the hours dedicated to work.

Is there anything in your story based upon a real life event? If so, tell me about it.
No.

How much is your protagonist like you? How different?
She is her own person and has no similarities to me whatsoever.

What kind of research did you do for this type of story?
Some research, but this was mostly a book based on creativity and my ideas of the type of alien I wanted to create.

Do writing violent or highly sexual scenes bother you?
No.

Why or why not?
Because it’s the creative process of telling a story.

What about your book makes it special?
The characters. They are innocent teenagers living in an institution when all they want is to live a normal life.

What is your marketing plan?
Giveaways, Twitter, Facebook, Website, Press releases.

Where can people learn more about you and your work? 

Any tips for new writers hoping to write in the genre of your book?
Study the craft and write every day. There isn’t one day that goes by when I’m not writing. Even when I’m on vacation, I write. Be passionate about it and be consistent and your dreams will flourish.

What’s in the future for you?
I have five open series. I need to write the next book in each of those series and move forward with new ideas.  

Thank you so much Penny for allowing me this time to share my work with you and your readers. It was a pleasure to be here.




Blurb:

Every night, Jade is rattled by a recurring dream—a dream that’s as real as the research institute where she lives. When flames fall from the sky and an alien ship crashes into Earth, Jade becomes government property and at the mercy of scientists. After all, she’s imprinted with an intelligent alien metal that could be the answer to all of Earth’s problems.

However, in the wrong hands, the metal implant could become the deadliest weapon known to humankind.

Kept underground for sixteen years, Jade fights to keep her sanity and understand the intelligent organism that is wrapped around her spine. When a new company takes over the science institute, Jade’s alien symbiont warns her of imminent danger.

Then Jade meets Aric, the lone survivor from the spaceship. They form an alliance that will change their personal destiny and they put a plan into motion that will alter the future of mankind.

Book One of THE IMPRINT TRILOGY.

3 comments: