Monday, February 17, 2014

Cheryl Pillsbury, Amie and the Purple Butterfly


      


Author:  Cheryl Pillsbury
Title:  Amie and the Purple Butterfly

Are you a part-time writer or full-time?

Full time; I can sit with my computer or paper and just write.  My daughter Alicia knows and sees she goes off to play but if she needs/wants anything I will be there for her.

When and why did you begin writing?

My diary at 16 I noticed it was a story I was talking to someone adding names so I turned it into a book, published in 2008, ‘Angus Grady.’

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?

I play with Alicia; she’s am Autistic adult child like and visit friends and family but mostly in nature.

What are your thoughts about promotion?

Promotion is mandatory, vital to any author for people to know about you and your story.

What was the toughest criticism given to you? What was the biggest compliment?

I was told I was wasting my time; I flunked English I can’t write right, etc.
Many people send me letters, emails, or on Facebook loving the stories, how I have touched them, and when will there be more.

Tell us about the current book you’re promoting.

Amie and the Purple Butterfly; Autism Awareness; Alicia; Peleport; mutants; dragons; island

What genre do you write in and why?

I write Mystic-erotica, but I have several kids’ books because its vital that kids read.

What is your experience working or being around children or teens?

I love kids, love sending them to far away places, cultures, people to know all worlds are okay.

Why do you feel qualified to write a children’s or teen novel?

I love making kids happy; reading is fun so is the imagination adventures.  Because I am a child at heart spirit I never lost my inner child.

What influences your writing?

People, places, and my daughter Alicia.  Which come from dream visions; they guide me.

Is this your first published children’s work? What other types of writing have you done?

No. Amie and Peleport are series; Amie 4 is being done as we speak and Peleport 3 needs to be written.  Sci-fi horror mystical-erotica.

Why did you choose to write a children’s book?

They're fun, colorful, make kids happy, laugh, and I feel we need more of them.

What do you hope your readers will take away from this book?

The characters become heroes, real to them, and that they look for more.

What was the process of creating this book from the first idea to the final published book?

Amie came from my daughter Alicia with Autism. No books on it, so I created a little girl like her, and we see and explore the world through her eyes showing the world of Autism is unique and challenging but it is possible to have a life with them.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Keep it interesting, grabbing a child’s attention, to keep them glued.

Do you outline before you write?  If not, what’s your initial process?

Yes, always to make sure I don’t miss a thing.

What comes first: the plot or characters?

The characters along with the plot.

Which characters were the hardest to develop and why?

The villain if any I am not an angry person by nature I love happy stories but a villain makes it a good story when they lose to the hero.

How did you decide how your characters should look?

I go by normal family appearance, unless it’s a fantasy, then I use their power to create them.

Did your book require a lot of research? If so, what kind?

No, I grew up on sc-fi—also my daughter is Autistic

Do you have any tips for writers who are new to children’s literature?

Set the story; write from a child’s view and it will be a great story leaving them hungry for more.  I have kids writing Peleport 3.  They want an Underwater World so say okay.

Where can people find you?

Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment