Monday, March 31, 2014

Erotic author, Cheryl Pillsbury, Reynes




AUTHOR: Cheryl Pillsbury
BOOK TITLE: Reynes
GENRE: mystical erotica
PUBLISHER: Aquillrelle

Please tell us your latest news.
I recently released ‘Reynes’ 12/19/13; the 4th book in my Mystical Erotica series.

When and why did you begin writing?
Around 2000-2004 with Forever Knight stories in an online club because I love vampires, and this series had everything it.

Did you learn anything from writing your book, and what was it?
Yes, I love writing Mystical Erotica shining light. I learned about Gods, Goddesses, the Spirits, their world, the cultures, way of life--so free and loving.

Also, to show more honor and respect for the Gods, Goddesses, and Spirits, also those who helped to inspire the stories: two actors, and very special spiritual friends.  I dedicate the books to them.

Finally, how wonderful and caring the Gods and Goddesses are and how glorious nature and love can be when it’s set free. There is so much to learn and feel but mostly touch.

Who is your publisher and how did you connect with them?
Aquillrelle; I have written poetry for them in the past and present for their poetry books. They offered to take my books, and I am very pleased with them.

What is your marketing plan?
Facebook, Twitter, VIP and just have book signings to speak and share with people.

What do you plan for the future?
To keep writing until I can’t write, hopefully never happens.

How can we find you? Website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.?

What genre do you write in and why?
I have several, but my newest one is Mystical Erotica Gods Goddesses Spirits-adult scenes. It  is so right, and my friends love it so I kept going.



Tell us about the current book you’re promoting.
‘Reynes’ the 4th book in my series it’s about a God who is sent to retrieve Pandora’s Box before it’s opened.  When I write, sometimes it writes itself. This book contains homosexual sexual content.  I did not plan it, but the story fell around it, and it came together showing a true love story.

What gave you the idea for this particular book?
What would happen if someone stole if threatened to open it how would the Gods react.

Do you outline before you write?  If not, what’s your initial process?
I outline the characters, their appearance, backgrounds, and work on the story.  I have actors for the inspiration to set the scene and mood.

What comes first: the plot or characters?
Both. The plot sets the characters

Which of your characters do you love/hate/fear/pity the most and why?
Love, Mathius; hate, Lantz in Arthyn; fear, Kopec; pity;, Bala in ‘Reynes’.
Mathius is a shy pure gentle spirit; Lantz is ice cold, especially to rape his own brother and his mate; Kopec, knowing he would kill his own son; Bala is a good God misguided by revenge, sad



Which characters were the hardest to develop and why?
Arthyn- because he was first inspired by an actor I admirer who’s a lot like Arthyn—gentle, pure, free, heart and spirit.



How did you decide how your characters should look?
I will use the actor’s appearance, change it a little to show respect and honor for their talent.

What was the process of creating this book from the first idea to the final published book?
For the most part a vision or a dream. I begin the characters around the concept and build from there.

Did your book require a lot of research? If so, what kind?
Some. I  needed to know dates and background on some Gods to make the story real.

Do writing violent or highly sexual scenes bother you?  Why or why not?
Most times no, but if I am reminiscing through it, giving faces, then, yes, a sex scene will get to me.  Violence does bother me because I am not a violent person but necessary for the good to beat evil.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
When Zeus must leave his sons behind, and he returns alone.

How long does it take to write a book, and what is your process?
Depending on the story somewhere between six months to a year.  I create footnotes to stay on track with the story.

What are your current books out right now, and what are the books coming up for release?
Arthyn, Mathius, Jhone, Reynes, Jestic Desire, the next one is Taylor.



What advice would you give a new writer starting out?
As my mentor once said, know your characters as people, their likes, dislikes, hobbies, hair, eyes, weight, height, etc.; then, build the story.





1 comment:

  1. Wish I could write a story in a year! Sounds like you're enjoying your career!

    ReplyDelete