Monday, January 19, 2015

Paula Rose, Revenge





AUTHOR: Pamela Rose
BOOK TITLE: Revenge
PUBLISHER: Anaiah Press 

Please tell us your latest news.

My romantic suspense title Revenge released December 2014!

Are you a full-time writer or part-time, and how do you organize your writing time?

I am a nightly writer, and this arrangement works well since most of this life happens during the day. 

When and why did you begin writing? 

First, I was a reader but my own stories always seemed to float inside my head.  It wasn’t until during a longer period of convalesce did I actually get serious about my writing.

What inspired you to write your first book?

An old picture featuring conveyer belts and one worker assisting another.  The theme of assistance stuck and became the story sketch for Revenge.

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?

I’m a reader and an amateur photographer.

What was the toughest criticism given to you?
My writing wasn’t ready yet, but this was correct.  It wasn’t.
What was the biggest compliment?
I have great dialogue skills!
Did those change how or what you did in your next novel?
Sure, I went back and rewrote and wrote something else and rewrote some more and realized the more I write the better my writing became.

What are your current projects?

A sequel to Revenge, a mystery, and a different romantic suspense title . . . not in that exact order. 

What genre do you write in and why?

Romantic Suspense, Suspense, and Mystery because these are the types of books I love the most.



Tell us about the current book you’re promoting.  

In Revenge, as a job coach, it’s up to Olivia Foster to ensure her clients work in a safe environment, understand their positions, and serve their employer’s mission. The death of her brother drives her career choice, and she loves her job. It remains her only focus until one of her autistic clients goes missing. Then Olivia’s employer ends her position and adds her to the suspect list, but she makes plans to bring the missing young man home. Meanwhile, Detective Lt. Phillip Landon is deep into second-guessing his career choice, but his well-honed instincts see major flaws inside this missing person’s case. Surprising contacts, mysterious happenings, and threats can turn deadly. Can he keep Olivia safe, protect his heart, remove the job coach from someone’s target list, and adopt a faith he never knew all while adjusting to the new lives of his old family?

Buy Link:

Do you outline before you write?
Most of the time, no.
If not, what’s your initial process?
It’s messy.  I start with a story sketch and work from there.
What comes first: the plot or characters?
That depends.  For Revenge, I saw the promise of the plot, but in other stories, I know the character and am left to squirm on the plot. 

Which characters were the hardest to develop and why?

Detective Lt. Phillip Landon was supposed to be an Alpha Male, but he just wasn’t turning out that way.  Meanwhile, Olivia Foster was supposed to be a damsel in distress, but she decided she liked taking the lead.   

What advice would you give a new writer starting out?

Read multiple genres, write what you most enjoy, and keep writing.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Penny, for this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eBook review request - Fancy Pants Poetry

    Hello Penny, I found One Writer's Journey on Fabianspace. I'm promoting my eBook titled Fancy Pants Poetry. Would you consider reviewing it?

    Cover IMG: http://i.imgur.com/nYupU3z.jpg
    Cover by: Samantha Scafidi

    The poetry you'll meet in this collection will be biting, defensive, cynical and sarcastic. Dark humour is used to elaborate upon bleak life outlooks. At many times the spirit in these poems are rooted in antonymous rebellion. All that said, the reader will also encounter various instances synonymous with the proverbial "light at the end of tunnel".

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23642813-fancy-pants-poetry
    50 pgs
    Dec 1 2014
    978-0-9936659-3-6



    Agostino Scafidi. Montreal, Canada.
    http://www.facebook.com/AgostinoScafidiAuthor

    For readers to purchase my eBook:
    http://agostinoscafidi.bigcartel.com
    My eBooks come in mobi, epub, pdf, doc w/ cover.

    To download Fancy Pants Poetry for your review:
    Send me an email agostinoscafidi at gmail dot com

    Sample for you and your readers:
    http://thehermitrant.blogspot.ca/2014/12/new-ebook-fancy-pants-poetry.html


    Thank you for your time!
    _Agostino

    ReplyDelete